Friday, July 14, 2006

Honor Or Compicity?

Our congress has several members who will be retiring or leaving this term. Giving a send off to coworkers who are leaving is not atypical in any work place and I certain don't begrudge them this ritual in congress.

BUT

One of the people they've honoring for a job well done is Duke Cunningham, who has already been convicted of graft and receiving bribes. While Cunningham appears to have been a productive member of his party in the early years, he personifies the bad in politics today.
I'll put a disclaimer to my comments in here in that I do believe his apology was heartfelt.

I don't even take issue with their honoring Tom Delay altho I personally believe he's going to be found guilty. But including a convicted felon somehow taints the honor that should be given to those who are departing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home