Saturday, September 17, 2005

I Suspect - Plans After Dubya's Speech

He wants to wipe out poverty in this new city he builds.
My question is why not dedicate himself to wiping it out across the nation?
But then that brings with it some very interesting questions and my own suspicions.

Bush has been a proponent that social programs keep minorities down. Yet he has no difficulty in offering corporate welfare at the drop of a hat. Someone has to pay for the rebuilding in the south. Bush swears he won't raise taxes and I can't see him agreeing to recinding the break given the weathiest americans.

So..who's going to pay for this?

I suspect he will use this as a two fold prong to encourage cutting most, if not all, social programs. Number one, he'll say we can't afford them with the war and rebuilding costs and he'll further trump his position by offering as an excuse the failed premise that social programs keep minorities dependent on the government and in poverty.

I hope I'm wrong, but already this morning a story has come out that he intends to raise the amount seniors will have to pay for their medicare. Someone HAS to pay for this. Bush is unwilling for big business to pay their share, which no folks, I don't think should be on the same percentage as those in the lower economic status. So, I think he's going to cut every program he can and use Katrina as an excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home