Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Some things are more than just wrong...

There are few things that make me so angry I want to cry. This is one of those things. I've never been a fan of Ellen's brand of comedy but I respect her efforts to find homes for stray animals. As strongly as I feel about her actions, I feel the same level of disgust at a "rescue" who hides behind self righteous smugness and cares more about the letter of their "rules" than they do the spirit of rescue.

Mutts and Moms in Pasadena California appear to be one of those places. It's a "rescue" run from a pet boutique called Paw Boutique in Pasadena, California. Just as an aside, they have removed all their information from Petfinder and taken down their webpage, I would guess in an effort not to have to address the press or the public in regard to their actions.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071017/ap_on_en_tv/people_degeneres
Paw Boutique
523 S. Raymond Ave Pasadena, CA
(626) 396-1136

Is their contact information in case anyone wants to drop them a line.

My issue with their actions is this:
The dog had a good family. It is totally ridiculous to say that a dog shouldn't be owned by families with children under 14. I will grant you not all dogs are suitable for under 14 kids but then at the same time, dogs don't come in a one size fits all body!! It's arrogant and prejudicial to believe kids can't be good around animals.

They need to get their heads outta their butts, imo, and do a home visit then give . the . dog . back!!!

Do you realize they called the POLICE and went to get the animal? Now they absolutely REFUSE to consider giving the dog back because the girls in the family are 11 and 12. What a crock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home