Saturday, December 30, 2006

Let's try an experiement...

Let's argue opposing viewpoints. You take a position you don't agree with and I'll do the same. We'll play devil's advocate. We'll learn from this experimentation and maybe better understand the opposite position better when we're done.

Except

Instead of calling it "opposing viewpoints" or "devil's advocate" let's call it left wing and right wing. And instead of actually doing our own research into why one or the other feels that way, let's just spout reguritated talking points from both sides, after all we know why they feel the way they do so why should we do any research? And since we lump them all together we don't have to tax our brains as to why there are variances and differences in party thinking. Saves time, right?

Now how much understanding do you think someone would actually gain from this ill thought out experiment?

Me too.

I'm so thoroughly sick of partisan bullshit from both sides of the political arena. I'm sick of the labels. Sick of the mindset that republicans and democrats will never come to terms on any issue. If that's so then go ahead and blow us off the map now.

I'm sick of college kids deciding that they have the keys to the political kingdom and of the arrogance that they have nothing to learn. They, as much as any other group, widen the chasm of division.

I will leave a forum before my objections are silenced. I will cut my ties and move on. There is NOTHING to be gained in charactures of radical political beliefs being presented as party stances. If someone can't grasp that concept they aren't worth my time.

Ed Schultz is a progressive talker who had gained popularity but seems to be fading. He has a message board that I had frequented since it's inception. That changed today. Lots of good people there but they really have no desire to hear or read any opinion other than their own and they certainly don't want to be questioned.

That's sad. When we question ourselves and our motives we often grow and learn more than we ever can with complacency.

But I'm done fighting the bull shit stereotypes.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Rex Bowers said...

Brenda,

You KNOW you voice will never be silenced on HNN so long as I have anything to say about it.

Rex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home