Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day - Where's the difference?

I'm going to piss some people off. It's not my intent but it's gonna.

In the past month the BS from BOTH sides has increased. I'm sick of it.
I used to have clearly defined opinions on which party would be best in power. Now I don't see a big difference, especially in the rank and file members.

From 2000 I have proclaimed that Dubya was NOT the best choice for president. I've railed against him in blogs and on message boards. It used to be so clear. There were the Bushites who believed everything they were told about Valerie Plame and Iraq and then there were the rest of us: Dems, Green parties, independents and those republicans, like myself, who were sick to death of Bush, his bad policies, his mangled speech and his sidekick, Rove.

A couple of months ago I started sensing a huge change from "my" side. Forget reason. Forget dialogue. They became as putrid as any Bushite ever could be. Forget examining arguments. If it was republican it was automatically evil,
would support the election being stolen again, walked in lock step with Bush and wouldn't admit that we really know the pentagon was hit by a Bush supported bomb and everything we thought we saw was a holographic image!!!!

I don't have patience for loons and hate mongers. So it's sad to say but I could care less who wins today. I have no faith that a democratically controlled congress will be so much better than one controlled by the republicans. I have every confidence that should the dems take over the revenge will begin, including the actions of those on the bottom of the party roll.

I thought politics was a noble cause. One where those concerned with the betterment of mankind and the nuture of every single American was the first and utmost importance.

I was wrong.

It's simply about power aka money. Who's got it. Who wants it. How to keep it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home