Monday, August 22, 2005

Satellite Radio Rocks My World!

I am a commuter in a rural area of WV where radio service is non existant unless you want to batter your brain with the mind numbing whines of Brittany Spears and her ilk. I've long outgrown the delights of having my ears pierced with repetitive nasal babblings.

Yet there are few options beyond the teenage drool.

I enjoy talk radio, especially balanced talk radio that presents both sides of a discussion and allows input from the listeners. Sadly that is also not available in this area. The only AM talk show I'm able to receive is the right winged zealot pity me drone on 58 Live. Anyone in the Charleston area well knows the downfall of intelligent programming now that 58 Live has been turned over to Michael I-Ego.

But my worries are over! Beginning today I am blissfully the owner of a Roadie2 Satellite radio. It's sits prettily in my car now, updating the channels and promising me a blissful commute in the AM.

My choices until this point have been to either fall asleep while driving with no auditory stimulation or scream from the frustration of listening to what passes for music these days.

No longer will I be held hostage!! Free at last!!! I'm reaching my hands out...

MSNBC, Air America, CNN, ABC Talk radio...

I'm coming!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Chris Hafner said...

Not that satellite radio isn't awesome, but ...

There's this new invention out there, it has the ability to play these round discs called "CDs" ...

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home